Date(s): October 1-2, 2019
Location: NIU-Hoffman Estates Conference Center,
5555 Trillium Blvd,
Hoffman Estates, IL 60192
Time: October 1: 8:30-4:00
October 2: 8:30-2:30
Cost:$450 per person for the two day event, $425 per person for teams of 15 or more
$1,750 per person for the Two Year Collective Efficacy Program
Registration fee includes: access to all keynote and breakout sessions, access to online materials, lunch on both days, and unlimited coffee, soda and water
About this Collective Efficacy Institute
The Collective Efficacy Two-Day Institute was designed to deepen participants’ understanding of how to foster a sense of efficacy in schools and classrooms. Schools that have a firmly established sense of collective efficacy, and are otherwise similar, have higher student achievement. If you’re interested in finding out how to make collective efficacy a reality in your school, this institute is for you and your team.
Since collective teacher efficacy (effect size *1.39) topped John Hattie’s list of research identifying what matters most in raising student achievement, there have been many claims about what can be done to increase efficacy in schools. The ideas and strategies shared during the keynotes and breakout sessions at the Collective Efficacy Institute are grounded in cognitive science and a deep understanding of the efficacy research.
Entrenched beliefs are often a large barrier to improvement efforts in schools and school districts.
One misguided belief, commonly held amongst educators, is that they lack the collective capability to impact the lives of their students over and above the influence of students’ homes and communities. During this Collective Efficacy Institute, we will help to dispel this myth by equipping teams to think differently about the impact they can have on student outcomes.
Attendance during these two days will be beneficial for anyone who is interested in learning more about what collective efficacy is, why it is important, how efficacy beliefs are formed, and most importantly -how to influence efficacy beliefs so that increases in student learning are realized.
This Institute was also designed as a launch of a Two-Year Collective Efficacy Program. Teams can attend for the two-days only or sign-up for the two-year program.
Participants who attend this institute, will: (not limited to)
A/ Fostering Teacher Efficacy Through Leadership Practices and Professional Learning Designs
- the role of collective teacher efficacy in achieving quality implementation of evidence- based practices in schools and classrooms;
- ways in which efficacy beliefs are foundational to long term success in schools and classrooms;
- the sources of collective efficacy so that we can strengthen collective efficacy in schools and classrooms;
- research-based leadership practices for fostering efficacy amongst teachers and teacher teams;
- how the Enabling Conditions for Collective Efficacy Questionnaire can be used to measure and monitor contextual factors that influence efficacy beliefs;
- the elements of the PLC 2.0 Observable Impact Model to enhance collective efficacy;
- a model for ‘Opening Classroom Doors’ and how it’s been successfully implemented in schools around the world;
B/ Fostering Student Efficacy
- five core practices to empower learners;
- what student collaboration looks like in a four-phase model of gradual release of responsibility;
- the difference between cooperative learning and collaborative learning;
- how to share clarity with learners;
- how students can provide feedback through opportunities to respond, purposeful self and peer assessment tools;
- how to collaboratively put the practices into action and see the results from combined efforts.
- Nearest Airport: O’Hare International Airport (ORD)
- Distance from O’Hare to NIU Hoffman Estates: 23.1 miles
1.Chicago Marriott Northwest
- 4800 Hoffman Blvd.
- Hoffman Estates, IL 60192
- 1.6 miles from venue
- $129.00/night for NIU Event
- Link to Hotel Special Rate
- Reserve by September 9th to guarantee special rate