Learning FIRST Summer Institute
June 12-13, 2018 | Aurora, Illinois
“The Learning FIRST Institute was the most relevant, and current conference I have ever attended in my 16 year career as an educator. It was helpful to know the methods of which the presenters were speaking were actually being practiced by their own districts!”
Lee Ann Jung
Lunch on June 12th and June 13th
Access to attend all sessions
Refreshments (coffee, water and soda) on both days of the institute
Access to all presenter materials online
Cost and Registration
Cost: $375.00 per person or $350.00 per person for teams of 15 or more
Team Registration of 15 or More: Please email us at email@example.com with team member names, titles/positions, and email addresses (excel file or google sheet preferred) and we will send confirmation emails.
*Please note that May 1st is our cancellation deadline for this event.
What you Gain from Attending a Learning FIRST Summer Institute!
- 4 Powerful Keynotes and 6 Critical Breakout Sessions Over Two Days!
- Access to World-Renowned Experts and Practitioners in the Field of Education!
- Practical Strategies for Creating High Levels of Learning for ALL Students!
- Cost Effective Professional Learning Making a Real Impact in Today’s Schools!
- Sessions For All Educators 4K-12 Ready to Improve the Learning Experience in Their Schools!
Description: Come spend two powerful days of learning with our team of educational experts to help your school and district move forward to ensure high levels of learning for ALL students and in ALL schools. Our Learning FIRST Institutes afford you the opportunity to learn from leading experts and practitioners in the field and ultimately, create a more effective learning environment for both students and staff. Our presenters have extensive knowledge pertaining to the following topics addressed in our Learning FIRST Framework:
- Assessment and Grading
- Response to Intervention/Multi-Tiered Systems of Support
- Social Emotional Learning
Our presenters have a wide-range of knowledge and experience working with educators around these critical topics in education and this institute will allow you to better understand how all elements systematically flow together to create better learning structures for today’s students. Our team of presenters will also customize your learning experience at this institute by sharing their research, knowledge and implementation strategies around these topics.
Essential Questions: Engage in this learning opportunity with colleagues on the following questions that must be asked to ensure high levels of learning for ALL students in a Learning FIRST Framework:
- What type of learning environment do we strive to create in becoming a Learning FIRST school or district?
- What are the most important and critical standards and learning targets our students must learn?
- What types of instructional practices allow for ALL students to learn at high levels?
- What types of assessments (both formative and summative) will we use to gather evidence of proficiency against our standards and learning targets?
- How do we create honest, accurate, and reliable forms of communication in relationship to student learning?
- What is our collective response to our students when they are not learning what is essential?
- What do we collectively do for students that come to us with pre-existing knowledge and already know what we will be teaching?
- How we best develop relationships to engage our students in meaningful learning experiences?
- How do we ensure equitable learning experiences for ALL students?
- What leadership characteristics are necessary to ensure a Learning FIRST environment?
- How do we allow students and staff member to be highly innovative to ensure we meet our mission of high levels of learning for ALL students?
- How do we foster a positive climate within our schools that celebrates our successes while creating high levels of learning for ALL students?
Through these guiding questions and discussion, you will be afforded the opportunity to learn how to best take these practices and create sustainable learning structures that will lay the foundation for meaningful change in the best interest of students. This institute is loaded with four great keynotes packed with ideas that support student learning in all situations. Participants also have the ability to personalize their own learning experience by picking from six breakout sessions that best meet their individual learning needs.
If you have questions about this institute, please do not hesitate to contact us at (920) 479-6504 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
HYATT REGENCY LISLE
1400 CORPORETUM DRIVE
LISLE, IL , 60532, US
- Distance from O’Hare International Airport to West Aurora High School: 35 miles
- Distance from Midway International Airport to West Aurora High School: 33 miles
Graduate Credits Available
Midwest Teachers Institute (MTI) — 3 credits/$375
Attendance at the Institutes, plus additional coursework related to the Institute, is required for credit.
MTI has an exclusive agreement with Colorado State University-Pueblo. Colorado State University-Pueblo is a comprehensive university offering 29 baccalaureate and six master degree programs, serving students from all 50 states and 23 countries. Fully accredited by CAEP, formerly NCATE of Washington, DC and also the Higher Learning Commission, a member of the North Central Association. CSU-Pueblo is accredited to offer master’s, baccalaureate and associate’s degrees, certificates, and diplomas by the Higher Learning Commission, 30 N. LaSalle St., Chicago, IL 60602-2504, (800) 621-7440.
MTI courses through CSU-Pueblo are accepted in all 50 states.