Registration fee includes: access to all keynote and breakout sessions, access to online materials, lunch on both days, and unlimited coffee, soda and water
Learning FIRST Summer Institute
Fond du Lac, WI
(July 31-August 1, 2019)
Date(s): (July 31-August 1, 2019)
Location: Fond du Lac High School
801 Campus Dr. Fond du Lac, WI 54935
Time: 7:30 AM – 3:30 PM both days
Cost: $350.00 per person or $325.00 per person for teams of 15 or more until February 1, 2019.
$375.00 per person or $350.00 per person for teams of 15 or more registered after February 1, 2019.
About This Learning FIRST Summer Institute
If you are looking for ways to create better and more meaningful learning experiences for you and your students, this institute is perfect for you and your team! Come spend two powerful days of learning with our team of educational experts to help your school and district move forward to ensure high levels of learning for ALL students and in ALL schools. This institute will afford you the opportunity to learn from leading experts in the field and ultimately, create a more effective learning environment for both students and staff. Our presenters have extensive knowledge pertaining to the Learning FIRST Instructional Model:
Our presenters have a wide-range of knowledge and experience working with educators around these critical topics in education and this institute will allow you to better understand how all elements systematically flow together to create better learning structures for today’s students. Our team of presenters will also customize your learning experience at this institute by sharing their research, knowledge and implementation strategies around the Learning FIRST model. Engage in this process with colleagues on the following questions that must be asked to ensure high levels of learning for all students and a Learning FIRST culture:
- What type of learning environment and culture do we strive to create in becoming a Learning FIRST school?
- How we best develop meaningful and lasting relationships to engage our students in authentic learning experiences?
- How to we ensure equitable learning opportunities for every student that walks into our buildings?
- What does leadership look like at all levels in Learning FIRST environment?
- What does collaboration look like in a Learning FIRST environment and how do we make it a priority at all levels?
- What are the most important and critical standards and learning targets our students must learn?
- What approaches to innovative learning will keep our students engaged in our schools?
- What types of assessments (both formative and summative) will we use to gather evidence of proficiency against our standards and learning targets?
- What is our collective response to our students when they are not learning what is essential?
- What do we collectively do for students that come to us with pre-existing knowledge and already know what we will be teaching?
Through these guiding questions and discussion, you will be afforded the opportunity to learn how to best take these practices and create sustainable learning structures that will lay the foundation for meaningful change in the best interest of students. This institute is loaded with four great keynotes packed with ideas that support student learning in all situations. Participants also have the ability to personalize their own learning experience by picking from six breakout sessions that best meet their individual learning needs.
Participants who attend this institute, will: (not limited to)
- understand the role that creating and fostering a culture of learning for ALL has on increasing student achievement in a Learning FIRST environment.
- learn about the power of relationships in development and maintaining a Learning FIRST environment.
- understand the role in relationships within classroom management, differentiation, and how both strategies lead to higher levels of learning.
- understand what equity means in today’s schools to ensure every student is afforded the right opportunity to learn in way that best supports his/her own life experiences.
- learn how to best support ALL students through a highly effective and systematic approach through collaborative systems of support.
- learn what effective leadership looks like in creating a Learning FIRST environment, regardless of the role one serves in their school or district.
- learn how standards and learning targets align to assessments in all grades and content areas.
- learn how to create strong formative and summative assessments to help gather evidence of learning and guide the instructional process.
- learn how to create ongoing professional learning opportunities that support educators in creating a Learning FIRST environment.
- understand the role of feedback in the classroom and how to engage in consistent feedback practices to create a Learning FIRST environment.
- understand how to effectively turn data and evidence into action for our students.
- develop an understanding of effective approaches to homework, reassessment, late work, and grading life skills and behaviors in a Learning FIRST environment.
- gain the necessary knowledge and skills to accurately assess, grade, and report achievement against content standards and learning targets.
- increase student motivation through effective use of data, goal setting, and feedback.
- understand some of the misconceptions about grading practices, and identify how to make grades meaningful and motivating.
- understand how to provide extensions tied to the standards and assessment for some of our most gifted learners.
If you have questions about this institute, please do not hesitate to contact us at (920) 479-6504 or email us at email@example.com and we would be happy to assist!
3 Graduate Credits Available from Midwest Teachers Institute
Midwest Teachers Institute (MTI) is a national provider of inexpensive and university-accredited K-12 teacher graduate courses for teacher recertification, salary advancement and professional development
Nearest Airport: Appleton International Airport (ATW)
Distance from Fond du Lac High School: 43 miles
Alternative Airport: Mitchell International Airport (MKE)
Distance from West Aurora High School: 76 Miles
Hampton Inn and Suites
77 N Pioneer Rd
Fond du Lac, WI 54935
Distance from Fond du Lac High School: 4 Miles
Room Rate(s): $149.00 per night