Although schools are moving forward, change is always something that many struggle with. Focusing on an innovator’s mindset and our “why”, this workshop is meant for leaders to help others within their organization not only accept change, but to embrace it and create more powerful learning opportunities for our learners. This workshop and approach will focus on “Leading By Action” and addressing “Average” and pushing your district to the next level of innovative learning. Come spend two days with George Couros and Jimmy Casas as they assist teacher leaders, school leaders and district leaders in cultivating a culture of innovation that promotes high levels of learning for ALL students.
Some Highlights from this Workshop Include
- Focus on how to move from “pockets of innovation” to a “culture of innovation”. Without addressing “culture”, there is no “culture of innovation”.
- Identify ways in creating equitable opportunities for powerful learning at the highest levels in your school district, by addressing “average” and moving to “incredible”.
- Develop a plan specific to your own school or district’s needs to develop a culture of innovation, and look at actionable opportunities to model the way.
- Develop a “strength-based” focus for meaningful growth for all learners in your organization.
Although the event has many key objectives, the focus is to tailor the event specifically to the needs and focus areas of the group. As we look to developing the “personalization of learning” within schools, this event will model that same “personalization” for the participants.
If you have questions about this institute, please do not hesitate to contact us at (920) 479-6504 or email us at email@example.com and we would be happy to assist!
About George Couros:
George Couros is an “Innovative Teaching, Learning, and Leadership Consultant”, as well as the author of “The Innovator’s Mindset“. Formerly, George was the Division Principal of Innovative Teaching and Learning with Parkland School Division, located in Stony Plain, Alberta, Canada, and has over 17 years of experience as an educator, in a myriad of roles from K-12. George’s engaging keynotes and workshops keep educators excited about education and how to improve the learning experiences for all students. George’s primary area of expertise and support with FIRST is innovation in education, engagement and instructional strategies.
About Jimmy Casas:
Jimmy Casas served twenty-two years as a school leader, including fourteen years as Principal at Bettendorf High School. Under his leadership, Bettendorf was named one of the Best High Schools in the country three times by Newsweek and US News & World Report. Jimmy currently serves as an adjunct professor for Drake University, teaching courses in educational leadership.
Jimmy was named the 2012 Iowa Secondary Principal of the Year and was selected as one of three finalists for NASSP 2013 National Secondary Principal of the Year. In 2014, Jimmy was invited to the White House to speak on the Future Ready Schools pledge. Jimmy is also the author of four books, “What Connected Educators Do Differently,” “Start. Right. Now. – Teach and Lead for Excellence,” the best-selling book “Culturize – Every Student. Every Day.
Nearest Airport: Denver International Airport
Distance from the Radisson Denver Aurora Hotel: 21 Miles
3455 S Vaughn Way
Aurora, CO 80014
Hotel Rooms Available: for $79 (Double Queen) or $84 (King). To reserve your room, please do the following:
- Visit the Radisson Website, www.radisson.com/DeverCO
- Select Check In and Check Out Dates
- Click “More Search Options” Button
- Rate Type “Promotional Code”
- Enter Code: LEADWS
- Enter Code: Select Search and You Will Be Presented with FIRST Room Block