Date(s): August 3-4, 2020
Location: Wilderness Resort and Conference Center
511 E Adams St,
Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965
Time: 9:00 AM – 3:30 PM
Cost: $395 per person or $350 per person for teams of 10 or more
Audience: All 4K-12 Educators
About The Learning FIRST PLC 2.0 Summer Institute:
“How do we ENGAGE today’s learner?”
Does this question sound familiar? The issues with engaging today’s learners in our classrooms seem to increase proportionally with the number of apps that our students download to their phones! Yet despite our best collaborative efforts, resources and time, answering the engagement question seems to be more challenging than ever. If we truly want to have an impact on student engagement, it’s time for schools to take a new approach
Join colleagues and teams from schools around the world at ENGAGE 2020, The PLC 2.0 Summer Institute that will have participants apply the Observable Impact Model and teacher-tested tools and protocols to help connect their collaborative efforts to OBSERVABLE IMPACT–the type of impact that we can actually SEE in our classrooms as a result of our collaborative efforts, especially when it comes to student engagement
Come spend two practical and powerful days of learning with our team of international thought leaders who will meet you and your collaborative teams where you are at and help you understand how to create Observable Impact in every classroom and in every school. In this institute, you should be prepared for immersive learning experiences with leading experts in the field who will guide you through ready-to-use tools and protocols so your collaborative teams can create the vision of the learning that they want for their students and connect their collaborative actions to the impact where it matters the most–in the classrooms with students.
This institute is loaded with four great keynotes packed with practical strategies to bring learner engagement to life. Participants can customize their own learning experience by selecting from four breakout sessions which will allow them to look at student engagement through a variety of lenses that best fit their individual learning needs. Whether it’s a vision for learning, a vision for equity, a vision for assessment, a vision for SEL or more importantly, your vision for Engagement, the PLC 2.0 model helps your collaborative teams not only get to impact, but to connect their actions to the impact that they are having on students and know that they make a difference–also known as Collective Teacher Efficacy, Jenni Donohoo, world thought leader and author of Collective Efficacy, said:
“Collective efficacy is strengthened when teams see the result of their combined efforts, and they will do so by engaging in the PLC 2.0 process. PLC 2.0 is the impetus needed to collectively move PLCs to observable impact.”
During this interactive, hands-on and AFFORDABLE institute, participants will explore engagement using the PLC 2.0 process and ultimately, lead to observable impact in the classroom. Our team of presenters will also customize your learning experience at this institute by sharing their research, knowledge and implementation strategies around the topics and ideas that increase engagement and promote focal points that school districts all over the United States are working on.
Participants who attend this institute will:
- understand the role that creating and fostering a culture of learning for ALL has on increasing student achievement and engagement in a Learning FIRST environment.
- learn about the power of relationships in development and maintaining a Learning FIRST PLC 2.0 environment and how it leads to more engaged learners.
- understand the role of relationships within classroom management, differentiation, and how both strategies lead to higher levels of learning.
- understand what equity means in today’s schools to ensure every student is afforded the right opportunity to learn in a way that best supports his/her own life experiences, which in turn leads to underserved populations of students being more engaged in their learning experiences.
- learn what effective leadership looks like in creating a Learning FIRST PLC 2.0 environment, regardless of the role one serves within their school or district. This includes tools and protocols that lead to more engaged staff meetings and collaborative team meetings at all levels.
- earn how to co-create a vision of a learner and engagement within collaborative time and then identify tools and resources to explore the teams evidenced-based reality.
- understand the role of feedback in the classroom and how to engage in consistent feedback practices to create a Learning FIRST environment.
- understand how to effectively turn data and evidence into observable impact within our classrooms. This includes data pertaining to student achievement, student and community engagement, and other factors leading to observable impact.
- Analyze and create effective and engaging tasks and assessments that will keep today’s learners engaged and excited about coming to school.
- Utilize a specific and descriptive observation protocol that allows schools to move from ‘pockets’ to ‘proliferation’ of effective teaching practice.
- understand how to create learning plans for all learners to ensure every student within our buildings has been afforded a customized and engaging learning experience.
“Come Energized, Leave Prepared!”
Participants will also receive lunch and refreshments on both days
Cost: Cost: $395 per person or $350 for teams of 10 or more from a single school district
If a district registers a team of 10 or more, one administrator from the district can also attend for FREE.
If you have questions about this powerful and affordable institute, please do not hesitate to contact us at (920) 479-6504 or email us at email@example.com and we would be happy to assist!
Schedule of Events:
Day 1 Agenda
7:30 AM – 9:00 AM Registration, Coffee and Networking
9:00 AM – 9:15 AM Welcome and Introductions
9:15 AM – 10:15 AM Opening Keynote with Cale Birk
10:15 AM – 10:30 AM Break and Networking
10:30 AM – 11:45 AM Breakout Sessions (6 to Choose From)
11:45 AM – 12:45 PM Lunch (provided) and Networking
12:45 PM – 2:00 PM Breakout Sessions (6 to Choose From)
2:00 PM – 2:15 PM Break and Networking
2:15 PM – 3:30 PM Closing Keynote for Day 1 with Marcia Tate
4:00 PM – 6:00 PM Social Event at Monks
Day 2 Agenda
7:30 AM – 8:00 AM Coffee and Networking
8:00 AM – 8:15 AM Welcome and Introductions
8:15 AM – 9:15 AM Opening Day 2 Keynote with Marc Brackett
9:15 AM – 9:30 AM Break and Networking
9:30 AM – 10:45 AM Breakout Sessions (6 to Choose From)
10:45 AM -11:00 AM Break and Networking
11:00 AM – 12:15 PM Breakout Sessions (6 to Choose From)
12:15 PM – 1:15 PM Lunch (provided) and Networking
1:15 PM – 2:15 PM Closing Keynote for Day 2 with Rufus Lott III
2:15 PM – 2:30 PM Break and Networking
2:30 PM – 3:30 PM Team Impact Planning with Presenters Facilitating
Distance from Airports:
Madison Airport – 50 mi
Milwaukee Airport – 127 mi
Wilderness Resort and Convention Center
511 E Adams St,
Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965
Sunday, August 2: Double Queen Sofa ($189.00) or Two Bedroom Deluxe ($260.00)
Monday, August 3: Double Queen Sofa ($225.00) or Two Bedroom Deluxe ($280.00)
Please call 1-800-867-9453 and mention this room block is a part of the PLC 2.0 Summer Institute (Leader #G80032)
at Glacier Canyon Lodge (All prices include water park passes)
Hampton Inn and Suites
921 Wisconsin Dells Pkwy S,
Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965
Current Rate: Two Queen Beds for $134.00 per night (not affiliated with a FIRST Educational Resources room block)