Erik Francis, M.Ed is an international author and presenter with over 20 years of experience working as a classroom teacher, a site administrator, an education program specialist with a state education agency, and a professional development trainer. He is the author of Now THAT’S a Good Question! How to Promote Cognitive Rigor Through Classroom Questioning published by ASCD. His book on teaching and learning for depth of knowledge will be published by Solution Tree International in 2021. Erik is also ranked as one of the World’s Top 30 Education Professionals for 2019 (#13) and 2020 (#3) by the research organization Global Gurus. Erik is the owner of Maverik Education LLC, providing academic professional development and consultation to K-12 schools, colleges, and universities on developing learning environments and delivering educational experiences that challenge students to demonstrate higher order thinking and communicate depth of knowledge (DOK). His areas of expertise include teaching and learning for depth of knowledge (Webb’s DOK), higher level questioning and inquiry, authentic learning, differentiated instruction, personalized learning, and talent development. He lives in Scottsdale, Arizona, with his family.
- Why Creating Learning Targets is Like the Travel Guide You Never Knew You Needed
- Introducing Athena’s Notebook
- What is the OBSERVABLE impact of your collaborative time?
- Navigating Between the Professional Rock and the Personal Hard Place (Math Practice with Dr. Richard Cash)
- Navigating Between the Professional Rock and the Personal Hard Place (Meet the Teacher Night with LaVonna Roth)