Matt Townsley is as an assistant professor of educational leadership at the University of Northern Iowa. Previously, he was a teacher and district administrator in Solon, IA. Through conferences, professional development and workshops, Dr. Townsley has consulted with thousands of teachers and administrators across the country on the topics of assessment and standards-based grading. Matt’s writing has been published in journals such as Educational Leadership (ASCD), School Administrator (AASA), and American Secondary Education. He has been featured or quoted on The Christian Science Monitor, CNN.com, The Washington Post, California public radio, the Center for Digital Education, Education Week, and a number of other media outlets. Matt’s primary area of expertise and support with FIRST includes assessment and grading.
- Why Creating Learning Targets is Like the Travel Guide You Never Knew You Needed
- Introducing Athena’s Notebook
- What is the OBSERVABLE impact of your collaborative time?
- Navigating Between the Professional Rock and the Personal Hard Place (Math Practice with Dr. Richard Cash)
- Navigating Between the Professional Rock and the Personal Hard Place (Meet the Teacher Night with LaVonna Roth)